Scientific Papers Presented
1. Outcome of Uncemented total Hip replacement : minimum 5 years follow up
Study of 275 uncemented total hip replacement with ceramic head and cross link Poly liner - accepted for presentation at ISTA – Sydney 2012.
2. Use of Dabigatran as oral thromboprophylaxis following Total hip and Total knee replacement surgery -
study of 400 cases, outcome analysis and adverse events. Accepted for presentation at SICOT 2012
3. Arthroscopic ACL reconstruction using quadrupled hamstring graft and ZipLoop fixation -
study of 40 cases, looking at outcome and long term results Accepted for SICOT 2012.
4. The Tick Osteotomy : A New Biplanar foot Osteotomy for Complex Deformity Correction :
M Patel, A. McLeod , D. Shukla
American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons ( AAOS ) Annual Meeting March 2008
27 cases of complex multiplanar deformity correction ( Equino – cavo – varus, plano valgus, calcaneo – valgus ) with osteotomy involving calcaneum and mid tarsal bones. Most cases fixed with Taylor or Ilizarov frame for gradual correction. Reliable and reproducible results.
5. Distal locking modular revision in Post operative Periprosthetic femoral fractures - the role justified.
British Trauma Society , September 2007
6. A typical presentation of Odontoid metastasis.
- Case report Poster
- British Trauma Society , September 2007
- Isolated metastasis following Ca. Breast.
7. Allograft bone substitute in Acute management of comminuted Intra articular proximal tibial Fractures in elderly.
British Trauma Society , September 2007.
8. Meniscal and ACL Injuries : Clinical – MRI – Arthroscopic Correlation.
D.D. Shukla, S. Bhonsle, F. Ryan
SICOT conference, September 2006
9. Fragment Specific Fixation for Intra – articular distal radius fractures.
D.D. Shukla, Minoo Patel
Royal College of Surgeons of Australia, Melbourne, October 2006
- Out come study of 50 cases with functional and radiological assessment using Gartland and Warley Scores.
10. Femur Peri Prosthetic fracture’s Management in Octogenarians— What works ??
D.D. Shukla, Cibu Mukundan, Faizal Ryan.
British Trauma Society and Hellenic Orthopaedic Association combined Meeting - Athens , 12-15 October 2005.
11. Intracapsular Fracture neck of Femur : Can we fix it ? --- better ? Bio geometric Study.
British Orthopaedic Association Annual Congress 2005 – September
- Bio geometric study of proximal femur using CT scan and Cadaveric bone measurements.
12. MRI – Arthroscopy – Clinical Examination correlation for meniscal and ACL injuries.
D.D. Shukla, S.P. Bhonsle